Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Epic Brewing going on in Salt Lake City"


I remember the first time I tasted through Epic beers.  In the midst of putting a new bar program together, a gentleman walked in and asked if I would be interested in tasting through his line-up.  Always willing to try new and interesting products I said, "why not"?  He began by saying that the brewery was located in Salt Lake City, I knew of another brewery in Salt Lake and had come to love it, so now I was really intrigued.  The line-up did not disappoint!

*This was the original line-up that I tasted through on that day

Epic Brewing began shortly after Utah's brewing laws changed in 2008.  David Cole and Peter Erickson had started an international aquaculture company in Utah in 1992, but now they were able to pursue their longtime dream of opening a strong beer microbrewery in Utah.  Along with Brewmaster Kevin Crompton, this trio is becoming a force to be reckoned with.

I was fortunate enough to visit this brewery in the Spring of 2013.  We visited the "Tap-Less Tap Room" and the most interesting aspect was the fact that you can see the spires of the Salt Lake Temple from the front doorstep to the brewery.



The beers of Epic are exciting and will reward those who seek em out!

http://www.epicbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment